CV Writer (UK)
Remote-based. Applicants must be physically located in the United Kingdom (UK).
Contract (full-time and part-time positions are available)
TopStack is a young, but rapidly growing CV writing company, operating as a fully remote business to assist individuals of varied backgrounds/professions as they begin, elevate, and/or transition into their new/more prominent professional careers.
We are searching for experienced writers, particularly in CV writing, to add to our fast-growing team. As a member of our CV writing team, you will have many opportunities to write/enhance CVs and cover letters, LinkedIn profile optimisation, and create other career-related documentation for clients across the UK based on your level of experience. For our more experienced writers, you will also have the opportunity to provide personalised career consulting, interview preparation, and other job search/application assistance.
Our goal is to offer flexible, remote work opportunities for writers that are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to producing quality results.
AS A CV WRITER, YOU WILL:
- Be assigned your own company email address.
- Be added to all of our internal systems to seamlessly work through orders from start to finish (Trello) and easily communicate with other TopStack writers and staff (Slack).
- Interact directly with clients that you choose to work with primarily via email (some packages offer phone communication, but writers have full autonomy in only requesting the jobs that align with their experience, ability to meet preferred deadlines, and available resources to offer alternate contact methods).
- Have access to a variety of resources to aid in your success (e.g., CV/cover letter/email templates, video tutorials, writers’ guides, and support from other TopStack writers and staff).
HOURS / COMMITMENT
We are actively seeking writers that can commit to doing 20+ orders per month. At minimum, writers should have the bandwidth to request/complete 10+ orders per month. As a fully remote company, you control your schedule and workload based on your ability to respond to clients and complete orders in a timely manner. Writers are able to request jobs that are available based on their availability and interest/experience to fulfill the order to standard.
PAY RATES / SCHEDULE
All TopStack writers are paid based on the number of orders that they complete. Payments are made on a weekly basis (Mondays) for all orders completed and paid for by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Sundays. We offer competitive rates, but do not currently post them publicly. Selected candidates will receive an outline of pay rates and other FAQs prior to confirming employment. On average, our full-time writers typically earn between £2,500 to £4,000 per month. Additionally, our part-time writers typically earn between £1,250 to £2,000 per month.
- Proficiency in areas of written/verbal communication, time management, and computer literacy.
- 1+ years of experience in CV writing OR 3+ years of cumulative experience in one or more of the following areas: professional writing, Human Resources (hiring), career services/consulting, or talent acquisition/recruiting.
- Knowledge of current CV formats, Application Tracking Systems (ATS) capabilities, and best practices for developing quality CVs based on each client’s industry/career field.
- The ability to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, flexibility, and accountability.
- Prior experience/success working in a fully remote environment.
- Certification from one of the major career organizations (e.g., NRWA, CDI, CPRW, CRS, etc.)
KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF INDIVIDUALS THAT FIT WELL WITH OUR COMPANY:
- Experience in writing CVs, providing career consulting/coaching, and/or hiring/recruiting services. Such qualifications can be derived from a number of professional experiences. As such, writers must be knowledgeable of best practices for CV writing and what hiring professionals look for to develop client documents that draw attention to their CV and secure more interviews.
- Ability to work with a high degree of flexibility and accountability. Writers are not assigned work, but rather, are able to request jobs according to interest and ability to develop quality results based on the client’s career field and other information provided upon placing an order.
- Ability to work with a lot of autonomy. TopStack provides highly recommended guidelines / resources that have proven to be successful in the business. We do, however, also allow a lot of discretion as well to encourage writers to find a process that works best for their writing style, availability, etc.
- Ability to operate in a remote setting and learn/apply new software programs. Each internal system that we use (Gmail, Slack, Trello, and Team Website) integrates with the other to seamlessly complete orders from start to finish. Writers must be able to navigate between programs to be successful in the business.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients primarily via email. As most interaction done with the company will be via email, writers must have excellent communication skills to build a certain level of trust to ensure clients are confident in the process, work being produced, and achievement of career goals. In addition to producing quality results, consistent communication and follow-up is key to converting jobs to paid orders.
- Knowledge and understanding of commission-based work. With such a unique business model, it is important for writers to understand the importance of providing quality work, communication, and follow-up in interest of not only converting the order, but ensuring that the client is satisfied as well.